The Best Smart Home System Products – Air Conditioners
This review has affiliate links. Please see our disclosure here.
I just discovered that air – conditioners are now included in our smart home system product lists – and that the the Ambista Electric from Midea (one of the top manufacturers available with more futuristic models ) is a neat lower cost way to cool and heat your home wirelessly!
Finally, someone heard us! Recently summers have been one of the hottest summers on record with sales of iced anything breaking records! This year ? Here we go again! Blasting heat. It has been so hot that even Sweden had forest fires in the Artic Circle ! Europe was even hotter than the Caribbean!
The Search Was On
And so we felt the need to search for a new AC for a new office in one of our new dual occupancy homes and hey presto! discovered a smart AC – another item to join the our smart home product gallery favourites.
After recent heat waves over the summers and with the interest in smart home tech, it is now becoming a key fixture in at least one room in most homes to have a smart home system air conditioner.
The Ambista AC is the best bet for both hotter climates and cooler locations such as Europe because they also heat pumps and can double as heaters.
Ambista Smart Home AC – The Detail
- A+++ Highest Efficiency
- SCOP of 5.3, SEER 9.7, 9000 BTU
- Pre-Gassed with New ECO R32 Gas
- Modern Design
- Very Low noise- 20dB
I could go into detail about several different ACs; it will probably bore you, so for this particular write-up we are looking primarily at the Ambista Alpha split system AC by Midea – a little known yet top rated smart home product from a world class manufacturer , and an easy-to-install unit which is one of the more affordable ones while providing a host of great features.
The Ambista Electric 9000 BTU ALPHA 25 LNA. 2018 is a high wall easy install Air Conditioner and one of the best smart home products in its range. It is a split AC (the fan on the inside and the compressor on the outside) designed specifically for easy installation but carries a bunch of smart features which we will review.Now on sale !
If you’ve never heard of Midea, the brand family for the Ambista, it wouldn’t surprise me as it is not known to the Western public like Carrier or Pioneer. But anyone working with air conditionersknow this powerhouse company. So let’s get some background information out of the way.
The huge Midea brand is Chinese and known to industry professionals as one of the biggest and best brands for appliances worldwide. Now before you log off thinking these ACs will catch fire, let me explain more of who Midea are.
History of Midea Big Brand
The Midea Group is a huge Fortune 500 Global corporation, manufacturing consumer appliances, heating, ventilation and air-conditioning products and artificial intelligence products among other things. In other words, it ranks in the top 500 companies that dominate the globe, not just a country. The company spends heavily improving and researching smart home systems and developing new and improved smart home products.
Founded in 1968 in Guangdong, China, Midea has now established a global platform of more than 200 subsidiaries, over 60 overseas branches and 12 strategic business units, as well as being the majority shareholder of KUKA (95% shareholding).
It has 130,000 staff and creates billions in profit annually. You can out find more about the company here. Suffice it to say, they have the resources to support your AC model and continually innovate better ones.
How to Get a Smart Air Conditioner
There are 4 types of AC systems all of which can be created as or converted to smart air conditioners:
- DUCTED AIR CONDITIONERS – normally used in offices. Most expensive system, needing multiple sensors and requiring a full suite of IFTTT (If this then that -Internet of things) technology.
- WINDOW MOUNTED AIR CONDITIONERS– one of the cheapest ways to cool your space. It also uses fresh air. But they are bulky and ugly and are used less and less these days.
- PORTABLE AIR CONDITIONERS – sweet little units because they can move from room to room and are plug – in making them the most flexible and convenient.They however do not use fresh air…only recirculate room air.
- DUCTLESS MINI-SPLIT AIR CONDITIONER: The quietest of all Ac uniits as their systems are “split” with the noisy compressor unit on the outside of the home and only the fan on the inside. They tend to be the most expensive of AC units but often the most popular because they are quiet and can in a variety of sizes from 8000 BTU -18000 BTU for different size spaces. They can be the most tricky to install also because they are split systems.
The features of this sleek split air condition unit as a relatively new smart home product are listed below. The Ambista is one of the easiest AC units to install.
- Brand: Ambista Electric
- Color: White
- EAN: 4742859018817
- Label: Ambista Electric / Midea OEM
- Manufacturer: Ambista Electric / Midea OEM
- Part Number: ALPHA25LNA
- User Detection
- Ultra Low Ambient Heating
- Maintenance Heating Mode
- 0,5°c Temperature Control
- Eco-friendly R32 Refrigerant
- Sleek Hidden Display –
- Low Noise Level/Sound Pressure 20dB
- Tolerance to -30 -CE certified
- A+++ Highest Efficiency
- SCOP of 5.3, SEER 9.7, 9000 BTU
- Pre-Gassed with New ECO R32 Gas
The Pros and Cons Of the Smart AC Unit
I think having an AC which is Smart/ Wifi enabled in your home is wonderful. The ability to have more control over the temperature and room cooling is not only energy saving, it’s convenient. Of course, you would need a controller such as the ones listed below which themselves are some of the top rated smart home systems. These controller apps not only allows you to control the air conditioner, it increases features and manageability of your unit:
- Sensibo Sky Air Conditioner Controller
- TP-LINK WiFi Smart Plug….also reviewed here on our site
- Broadlink RM Pro
However, let’s look at the both the benefits and cons of Smart/Wi-Fi air conditioners.
- You can only control the smart AC from a Wifi area or hotspot.
- It can be difficult sometimes to setup the right app, so you have to ensure the model you purchase works with your app.
- It can raise the cost of the AC model because of the technology in the AC
- Adding Smart/Wi-Fi technology to an air conditioner raises its cost
- You will be able to manage your AC from anywhere. That’s pretty cool as you don’t need to be home.
- You can save energy and money on your bill if programmed correctly.
- You can see how much energy is being used by the AC and many other devices.
- Your place will be just the temperature you wish when you get home.
How Does The Ambista Electric by Midea Stack Up?
Well, you have seen that it has a smart user sensor to detect when to it should turn on and off, saving energy and of course money. We have explained how this smart tech actually works here if you want to find out more.
I also like that it is very energy efficient, easy to install, and self cleaning. Self-cleaning alone saves a lot of money from the technicians coming to clean and will be of value to those with rental units.
Healthwise, having a combined super ionizer to fight away the colds, the dehumidifier to reduce mould and condensation and the bio filter to remove harmful bacteria adds to the bonuses of this AC!
With the mobile apps you can monitor energy efficiency and improve programming. A BIG plus for cooler climes is the ambient heating and maintenance mode. The .5 degree temperature setting is also an energy and cost saver.
But of all the features, I love that it is easy to install (and it is one of the few easy install ACs! ) The Amazon.co.uk offers an interesting price and feature comparison to help you decide if this is the unit for you.
Warranty- Consumer Rights
This smart home system AC is protected by the Amazon resturns policy and a 30 day right to withdraw from the purchase which is always a good way to protect yourself. They also have to respond to any queries in 2 days.
You are covered! I hope youenjoy this lovely “sweet deal”. And enjoy a comfortable summer!
Get in Touch with Your Opinion
If you are interested in Smart ACs or any smart home systems, drop us a line with your questions or comments; we will be glad to help out and are very interested in your views and experiences as part of our islandhomeplans.com website. If you want to know more about us …check us out here.
We are always happy to investigate products you want! And we don’t abuse your contact data – you can see our policy here.
All Your Home Info
Not Got Money For the Things You Want? We will Show You How… Legally
We are also big believers that it doesn’t matter what your education level is…or who you are – you too can make a good living from home using technology and we personally teach you do so ourselves so that you can enjoy the little luxuries of life!
We provide our training in the FIRST STEPS free so that you can trial out the training platform we provide. Anyone can learn to earn money from their sofa with a computer or phone!
But it does take knowledge, time and commitment!
If you want to learn more about making a solid part-time or full time income talking about the things you love START HERE for free for as long as you like! No charge no credit cards! Our first steps training is free.